Friday 26 December 2014

Watching Casablanca at my mum and dad's ...





We watched Casablanca at my mum and dad's this afternoon - Sam played As Time Goes By - a searchlight beam swept over the doorway of Rick's Cafe Americain - Captain Renault smiled his foxy smile - Rick smoked a bitter cigarette - Ilsa's words were washed away by rain - 

My dad glanced up from the letters page of The Portsmouth Evening News - the silver plane was taking off for Lisbon - Ilsa had gazed sorrowfully into Rick's eyes - we'll always have Paris Rick said - 

My dad had seen the film soon after it was made, queueing up with his friends outside a Babylonian temple of a cinema in North End - they all wore jackets with wide lapels and ties like emerald lizards curled around their necks -  

Earlier, we'd had a Boxing Day Lunch at The Rusty Cutter

The waitress asked me if I wanted ultimate chips


17.45
December 26 2014

Staunton Road 
Havant 





No comments:

Post a Comment