Friday 12 December 2014

Watching The Babadook ...



Tessa and I carried our bumpers into the auditorium, seeking out seats at the back - 

We would need the fiery Merlot I thought, whilst we watched The Babadook

Trailers for forthcoming films were being shown - there was Paddington Bear - there was Hugh Bonneville being charming - 

The audience this night was scanty - I counted five patrons, each with their glass - 

There was no sign of Jocelyn, sitting in the front row, cloaked in rich memories - 

The film started - soon we were immersed in a terrifying dissolving world -

Icy fingers stroked my neck -  

A dark shape with fingers like knives would haunt my dreams - 

I thought of all my night terrors, the whispers hissing in my ears - 

I remembered a nightmare I'd had one burning summer, years ago - 

I'd woken up, a voice other than mine in my throat, shaken by someone or something I could not see - 

I had become a pale shape, hardly visible  - 

I kept on thinking how do I know when I'm awake


15.38
December 12 2014

The Old School House
East Stoke 


No comments:

Post a Comment