Tuesday 30 December 2014

Cappuccinos in Harry's Sports Bar ...

 

I've just put down my cappuccino - Harry's Sports Bar is almost empty - Sophie, Anne and Tessa have been playing badminton - I'm lolling in a leather armchair - the blank flat screen TVs are like late Rothkos - 

In the gym, one of the Darrens reassured a paunchy dad - you'll be alright when  you get some sugar he said - perhaps a banana -

I'd gazed at myself in a mirror - why, I thought, was my hair so startingly white?

Richard told me that he was now going to the gym - late last night he sent me WhatsApp pictures from The Golden Eagle - there was the blazing fire - there was the pump badge of Rosey Nosey - I sent in return a picture of Harry Palmer being iconic in The Ipcress File

I thought of all the dark places we sometimes walk in - 

There'd been talk of such things whilst we walked along the beach at Studland - the pale sun was low in the sky - the calm sea was like the pelt of some vast animal - 

Sophie asked when Richard and I first met - I remembered him opening the boot of his MG Magnette, lifting out a crate of Gales Ales - 

Later, in the party, he would very slowly dance -   


12.00
December 30 2914

Harry's Spirts Bar
Purbeck Spirts Centre
Warehsm





No comments:

Post a Comment