Monday 29 December 2014

Richard puts a monkey on a nag ...







I'm now sitting in Earthlights, with the shards of a breakfast roll on the plate before me - Richard is placing bets, whispering quirky names into his mobile - 

The screen of Richard's opened notebook is showing a race - it's a long one he says - I could be staring into a palantir - I can see tiny remote beautiful horses, jumping fences, fragile dolls perched upon their saddles - one of Richard's horses comes in second - 

The glass windows of Earthlights are all steamed up - a dainty girl quivers behind the counter - across the road, an anoraked dad pushes a buggy past The Mulberry Gallery - 

Richard challenges me to have breakfast with him in the Salvation Army Cafe on Albert Road - 


12.55
December 27 2014

Earthlights Cafe 
Swanage 




No comments:

Post a Comment