Thursday 25 December 2014

Christmas Morning at Studland ...







This morning we opened our presents listening to salsa - Sophie told me that the dress code for George the Poet would be urban - I looked at a map of the Moscow Metro - 

We'd watched Skyfall last night - Bond and M spoke tersely to each other - a crazed former agent sought vengeance - I dreamily watched a crippled helicopter plunge earthwards - I'd grown old with Bond, I thought - I remembered the thrill I'd felt watching Goldfinger, how I'd treasured my dreams of Honey Ryder

During an ad break, I went outside - I looked at the crescent moon, white as bone in the night sky - I looked for angels amongst the stars - 

After breakfast, we drove to Studland - Christmas families were walking along the beach - a glowing girl emerged from the silky sea - labradors chased tennis balls - the sky was a pale blue - gentle waves washed shells onto the sand -  


12.00
25 December 2014

Middle Beach 
Studland 


No comments:

Post a Comment