Saturday 6 December 2014

Thinking of Derek Jarman ...





A few years ago, I read Derek Jarman's Smiling in Slow Motion

The beautiful heartbreaking writing affected me deeply - 

Pity and wonder welled up in my soul -  
The last diary entry was HB true love, scrawled in his blindness - 

Project Adorno's hommage was true and tender - 

There, in The Square Tower, watched silently by benign presences, a precious life was evoked - 

The grainy Super Eight cast its spell - 

A throne was set up in the garden of Prospect Cottage - 

Derek Jarman wore his magician's robes - 

In my head, I heard Elisabeth Welch sing Stormy Weather

I saw Doctor Dee walking in a knot garden - angels appeared in a scrying glass - arrows pierced a young man's slender torso - 

Worlds appeared before me in the air, then dissolved - 

22.00
November 30 2014

The Square Tower
Southsea

Note

The barman in The Square Tower told me  we had a medium come in, who told us there were nine presences here

No comments:

Post a Comment