Sunday 7 December 2014

My dad has another turn ...



I'm at my parents' house - my dad had a turn on the way back home from Waitrose late yesterday afternoon - 

We saw him briefly in the A & E Department of Queen Alexandra Hospital that evening - 

There he was, in Bay 5, cocooned in a hospital gown, his clothes bundled up in a big plastic bag - his tweed flat cap was speckled with blood - 

He may come home today - we'll get a call from the hospital - 

It's the same old story, a can of Tanglefoot and one or two sly bumpers of Pujalet in the kitchen - 

He'll have forgotten all about it now - 

There's nothing wrong with a glass he'll say - 

I want to shake him, but but it would be like shaking a wilful child -


11.44
December 7 2014

Staunton Road
Havant 

No comments:

Post a Comment