Wednesday 10 December 2014

Listening to The Big Dream ...



Driving back in the red Peugeot this morning from gentle Wareham, I listened to David Lynch's The Big Dream

The strange songs, with their pulsing feverish drums, their delirious guitars, suited my mood exactly - 

This music, I thought, came from a beautiful, terrifying, place - 
 
I'd had a small cappuccino in The Salt Pig - a few members of the crossword gang were there - 

I felt relaxed and glowing after my time in the gym - 

The Bosnian Big Issue Lady had asked after Anne - 

An empty hearse went down West Street - 

The headline of The Independent had read - America's day of shame

Star dream girl drowned out the hissing of reptiles - 


16.42
December 10 2014

The Old School House
East Stoke 






No comments:

Post a Comment