Saturday 20 December 2014

Christmas Shopping in Poole, or Two Nations ...








We went Christmas shopping in Poole this morning - 

Tessa wanted a Brett Easton Ellis, Sophie a volume of fervent reportage - 

I'd already bought Anne a voucher for an Indian Head Massage - I had fond memories of our Ayurvedic treatments - 

Sometimes, half asleep, I still heard the sound of the Arabian Sea - I felt sultry air warm my bare skin - 

The Pitwines Carpark was brimful with shiny cars -  

In Falkland Square we dodged mobility scooters - bravos sold hotdogs - 

I admired a navy blue pea jacket in a Marks & Spencers - 

In the gallery of lingerie, a man with Judge Jeffreys hair told his wife that doesn't help me, that doesn't help me

I bought Sophie a Karl Ove Knausgard in Waterstones - 

Anne explored Poundland

In Go Outdoors, I considered the wet suits - 

The sky was filled with cloud -  

Anne bought a Christmas Big Issue from another Bosnian lady - 

The headline of The Independent was Two Nations

Back in the carpark, I watched shoppers wheel trolleys out of Sainsburys - 


13.52
December 20 2014

Pitwines Carpark
Poole




No comments:

Post a Comment