Tuesday 23 December 2014

Remembering when I read The Hobbit for the first time ...



Last night I saw The Battle of The Five Armies at The Rex - I went with Tessa and Aaron - Aaron wore a long black coat with many zips - walking down West Street, I imagined that I was a character in a Ray Bradbury short story - a slender witch might be casting spells in the attic of number 37 - a life might be foretold in a beautiful tattoo - 

Queuing for our tickets in the foyer of the cinema, I remembered when I first read The Hobbit - I found it by chance in Miles Bookshop - I was thirteen years old, skinny and aching for wonders - 

I read the book from cover to cover - I treasured every word - in my dreams I heard the voice of the dragon - I wore a mithril shirt - I was on a quest in a beautiful terrifying world - waking, I longed to dream again - 


19.30
December 22 2014

The foyer of The Rex
Wareham


No comments:

Post a Comment