Friday 3 October 2014

Walking to The Rex to see Until I Sleep ...





When I walked down West Street, it was early evening, just before seven - lamps were being lit in darkening rooms - shadows stirred in attics - the pavements were empty - earlier, I'd seen a lurid sky over the water meadows - 

I'd parked the red Peugeot before The Walls - I'd sat there for a while, staring at the sky, listening to Neil Young singing Harvest Moon - I was wearing a green cotton shirt, open at the neck -  

Soon I was inside The Rex, ordering a bumper of Merlot in the tiny bar - 

Leigh had been bought up in Simla - she'd seen me yesterday, she said, in the High Street - 

I watched Nicole Kidman in Until I Sleep - Colin Firth was cast as a murderous brute - 

I watched some scenes between my fingers - 

When I left the cinema, it was dark - the gentle town was silent - 

I gazed at each sleeping house - a white half moon shone in the starless sky - 


22.00
1 October 2014

Outside The Rex
West Street
Wareham







No comments:

Post a Comment