Thursday 9 October 2014

Cappuccinos and pastries at South Sands Sports Centre ...



We stamped the Hadrian's Wall Path Passports ourselves outside the Sands Sports Centre - it was a drizzly dour morning - lean tee shirted figures brooded in the riverside park - 

Gazing at the bleak hull of the Centre, I felt again my boyhood loathing of Physical Education lessons - I smelt once more the smell of plimsolls - I heard the cruel banter in the juddering showers - 

We lingered, however, for a while over cappuccinos and pastries - I avoided looking at the dancing leaping women in the Zumba class - they would tear me to pieces I thought, if I ventured inside - 

Alyson and Julia told more stories about their childhoods - I wished that I'd had a raffish grandmother who shook her fist at the News - 

10.40
14 July 2014

South Sands Sports Centre
Carlisle 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment