Monday 27 October 2014

The piano in the Meridien Centre



This morning, I went with my mum to Waitrose - she wanted to buy some New Forest ice cream - 

We walked down West Street, past a terraced house decorated with a Union Jack - 

Her son died out there my mum said - 

A man wearing a cowboy hat waved at us from behind his front window - we often saw him when we passed this way - 

In the Meridien Centre, just before Wilkoswe saw a piano -

On the lid of the piano were the words please play me

We paused for a few moments, under the silver escalators - 

This would be a lovely place for a concert my mum said - 

Women in jeggings smoked e cigarettes in Boswells - 

As we entered  Wilkos, I looked back at the piano -

I thought I heard music, just for a moment - but the keys were still hidden, the piano unplayed - 




11.30
27 October 2014
 
Outside Wilkos
The Meridien Centre
Havant

No comments:

Post a Comment