Wednesday 1 October 2014

The bridge before Carlisle, my I phone becomes a burning coal ...



Outside Carlisle, my clever I phone snared 3G - along the Wall, upon the crags, or on wind blown uplands, I'd been off grid - I'd gaped at my phone like a cargo cultist at a charred radio from a downed B52 - 

But now, there it was - once more I could WhatsApp cronies, view UFO footage on You Tube or post appercus on Face Book - 

I had no real desire to do these things however - 

I had grown used to emptiness - I had felt happy hearing just the sighing wind - 

We walked through a gritty park - young men unleashed pitbulls - light aircraft flew overhead - 

We crossed over the wide river on an iron bridge - 

We took photographs of each other upon the bridge - 

I felt civilization turning my I phone into a burning coal - 


16.00
September 13 2014

Outside Carlisle


No comments:

Post a Comment