Friday 16 January 2015

The world of the tip ...




This morning I threw some sodden cardboard into a yawning skip - I've made countless journeys to the tip, carrying varied loads in the boots of Peugeot estate cars - I've dumped pale shrivelled Christmas trees, shameless American pulps, off licenses of empty beer bottles, smouldering mags, hamster cages, unloved carpets, bundles of Fortean Times

Today, oldsters gingerly parked their Ford Corsas next to the skip for garden waste - the mobile phone mast zinged and crackled above my head - men in high vis yellow jackets emerged from a static caravan - a lorry reversed into the laager of skips - 

I stood upon a set of metal steps, leaning over the oubliette of cardboard - I felt a strange fascination for this edgeland, so near to gentle Wareham - 

Soon I would be counting swans upon the river, listening to women lunching in The Salt Pig - 


11.30
January 16 2014

Wareham Household Recycling Centre

 


No comments:

Post a Comment