Saturday 24 January 2015

The beach at Osmington Mills ...





We made our way along the beach like fragile dowagers - the icy glittering sea was calm - the smooth boulders were like the bones of a vast extinct reptile - dark necklaces of kelp were strewn over dazzlingly white pebbles - there might be fossils Penny said - 

I could see the distant white reef of hotels along Weymouth esplanade - a small fishing boat with an orange hull headed out towards Portland - there was no wind - I heard the sound of gentle waves - 

I felt that I was breathing ancient air - any moment I might see an emerald creature emerging from the sea - its eyes would be a yellowy gold - it would know my name - I would hear its silky voice - 


11.30
January 23 2015

The beach at Osmington Mills
Dorset 


No comments:

Post a Comment