Saturday 10 January 2015

Whooping with mischievous joy when seeing Charlie's beers ...

 

We drove to Salisbury yesterday - we had to drop off Tessa's Great Eastern of a suitcase - she's moved in with Charlie and Matt - 

Whilst we were there, Charlie painted his and Tessa's bedroom ceiling - Tessa told us about her new job - 

Charlie's a gifted cook - that morning he'd made a rich stew, now simmering in a slow cooker - there was a wonderful dizzying smell of herbs and ale - 

I felt like whooping with mischievous joy when I saw the bottles of beer in the fridge - 

I remembered the long boozy dangerous evenings with Russell in Hunter's Moon - we'd listen to Riders on the Storm, smoking Balkan Sobranie Black Russian cigarettes - Russell might recite some spooky Coleridge - 

Perhaps, I thought, though just for a moment, I might give up on abstinence - 


12.00
January 9 2015

Salisbury 


No comments:

Post a Comment