Tuesday 13 January 2015

A bumper of Badger First Call ...




Anne suggested we open a bottle of Badger First Call - for your back she said - she poured out a bumper of the zinging citrusy ale - I needed no excuse - 

Later, perhaps, we'd eat a square of dark chocolate - I'd read a long mysterious serpent of a sentence by John Cowper Powys - I'd look at one of Jane's beautiful paintings, remembering her sketching in her garden, the wicked taste of fig and whisky marmalade - 

Now, I thought, I would measure out my time in tender pleasures - here was one to start with - 

So there I was, lifting my glass before a fragrant fire, listening to late night jazz, some gentle Coltrane, then tasting chocolate melting upon my tongue - 

My crocked back was getting better too - 

Late evening
January 13 2014

The Old School House
East Stoke 
Isle of Purbeck



No comments:

Post a Comment