Saturday 17 January 2015

The Waterloo train and The Theory of Everything ...



I'm on the Waterloo train, just leaving Christchurch - there are dark clouds in an icy sky - the fields are white with frost - 

I'm just about to read an article by Martin Rees about Stephen Hawking in The New Statesman

We saw The Theory of Everything in The Rex last night - I half expected the audience to applaud at the end of the film, as they did for The Kings Speech

I remember thinking, as I watched the cosmologist's tender distorted smile, how there are two worlds, the world of those whose are well, and the world of those who are ill - 

Later today, I hope to look at paintings by Giovanni Batista Moroni in the Royal Academy - I'll meet up with Jay, and we might talk about Iain Sinclair or the quiet wisdom of Montaigne - 

But I'm aware that at any moment I might stumble and fall, leaving the bright world - 


10.23
January 17 2014

The WaterlooTrain 
Between Christchurch and Southampton Airport Parkway



No comments:

Post a Comment