Monday 26 January 2015

Co-pilgrim singing in Leytonstone ...



Waiting for Co-pilgrim to sing their songs, I forgot my vow of abstinence - I lifted up my pint glass of Ruddles Best as though I were a Southsea Poet - I remembered watching Gareth, drinking Old Peculier in the public bar of The Buck Inn, his eyes glinting with puckish humour, entangled in his silken nets - 

Jay had taken off his trilby - I sat next to Bridget - Julia was talking to her - we'd driven to Leytonstone to see the band - the North London streets were a dark exciting labyrinth - the air smelled of diesel and rain - 

I'd never been to an ex Servicemen's club before - once inside, however,
I soon felt at home, gazing wistfully at the optics, being introduced to Jay and Bridget's friends - 

Julia and Andy had an apartment in Puerto de Soller - I imagined Jay, writing a post card, sitting in a cafe near the church in Soller, resting after walking in the mountains - 

We all fell silent when Co-pilgrim sang their songs - I gazed spellbound at the elfin chanteuse - their songs filled me with sweet sadness, like a memory of some beautiful moment - 


23.00
January 17 2015

Leytonstone Ex Servicemen's Club
Leytonstone 


No comments:

Post a Comment