Friday 18 December 2015

We all remembered the quiet voices telling us unspeakable truths ...



I'd given Jean a lift to the golf club - 

Jean wore a white trench coat - 

She'd sailed in her daughter's yacht from Tobago to Boston - 

I felt calm and happy in Jean's company - she smiled her wise ageless smile - 

Paul told me how he'd crossed the line - the Cook wore King Neptune's crown

The Fillipino crew loved karaoke - 

Angela had been Captain of Ladies Golf - 

This was my third Semi Colons Christmas Lunch

I loved them all, my fellow pilgrims - 

Each of us had walked with bright ghosts - 

There were patterns drawn upon our skin - 

We knew how to count innocent hours - 

We all remembered the quiet voices telling us unspeakable truths - 


13.00
Wednesday 16 December 2015

Purbeck Golf Club
Purbeck
Dorset 








No comments:

Post a Comment