Friday 11 December 2015

There would be time when I would need that ancient comfort ...




Before the carols, we walked amongst the Christmas trees - 

One tree was bedecked with tiny silver Daleks -

I saw my favourite Doctors' faces, hanging like surreal icons from the spangled branches - 

One tree bore the heavy weight of children's wishes - 

Another carried remembrances of the precious dead - at rest and at peace in heaven

There would be a time, I thought, when I would need that ancient comfort - 

I listened to Anne's choir sing Gaudete

I pictured frost sparkling upon lichened stone, wood smoke drifting over a leafless orchard, the calm faces of angels in stained glass windows - 


14.45
Friday 11 December 2915

Emmanuel Church
Swanage
Purbeck
Dorset  




No comments:

Post a Comment