Sunday 20 December 2015

"The cat was called Whiskey" ...



My friends have gone 
my dad said - 

We were standing in the pub car park - Jane and Den had just left - 

Boys drove their souped up Corsas across the estate - 

Satellite dishes picked up 1980s movies - women with big hair sashayed into cocktail lounges - 

Stephanie and Teresa have gone with Jane and Den I said -

My dad sighed - c'est la vie

We'd had a Christmas roast in The Heron with the carers - 

Blue tinsel adorned the bar - girls carried shields of turkey slices to the tables - 

I had to help my dad push open the door to the Gents - 

We placed paper crowns upon our heads - 

I googled The Duke of York Den said - I said - John, did you know the Duke of York had a ship's cat? - he thought a moment - yes, he said - Whiskey ! - the cat was called Whiskey ! - 


13.00
Sunday 20 December 2015

The Heron
Leigh Park

No comments:

Post a Comment