Saturday 5 December 2015

Watching The Avengers ...



A week or so ago, we bought a clever TV cable from PC World

All around us were shiny marvels - 

I'd gazed, spellbound, at the sleek tablets and wicked video games - 

Now we can access all of the freeview channels on our smart TV - 

Anne can watch Dog Whisperer whenever she wants to -  I can watch Nazi Mega Structures or Most Haunted 

Last night, I watched an ancient episode of The Avengers

There was John Steed, in black and white, smiling his urbane murderous smile - 

Emma Peel was a slender delight in leather - my heart pounded wildly seeing her fell a sneering mastermind - 

I took no notice of the preposterous plot - 

It was enough to see John Steed rescue Emma Peel from a devilish machine, to hear them laughing as they jumped into a mini moke, driving off into the 1960's - 


21.00
Friday 4 December 2015

The Old School House
East Stoke
Dorset


No comments:

Post a Comment