Tuesday 24 June 2014

The Crooked Book ...






After my dental appointment, I had a capucinno in The Crooked Book

I had chipped my tooth again - I'd given my fervent thanks to the elfin Sharon Halderthay - she'd smiled her impish smile - she put away her shining instruments - 

Whilst I waited for my appointment, I talked to a woman who had just returned from Istanbul - her daughter lived there - we both remembered the scurrying ferries and the teeming unpredictable streets - 

She told me that a tornado had recently torn through one quarter of the city - 

Inside The Crooked Book, I looked at the second hand books - the love of reading stole over me like a wicked beautiful mist -  

I bought The Cobra's Heart by Ryszard Kapucinski - 

I considered buying a soviet ushanka - 

A Japanese girl sipped her latte, waiting for her pony tailed friend - 

The two sirens in front of the gaggia continued their intense conversation -

11.15
June 23 2014

Boscombe 
Bournemouth



No comments:

Post a Comment