Wednesday 18 June 2014

Eating Chicken Shish in The Bodrum



Last Friday evening, Richard gave me wise counsel - he listened to my sad stories -

Richard's memories of testing times brought me comfort - I no longer felt myself to be an ungrateful son - 

Richard took me to The Bodrum Restaurant - the pubs in Albert Road were starting to fill with Friday drinkers - brave youths milled outside louche venues - girls in their finery sashayed past empty laundrettes - 

Inside The Bodrum, we drank bumpers of red - a slender girl touched Richard's arm - I ate Chicken Shish - we'd considered eating bream or sea bass - 

Much later, we we heard The Power of Three in The Golden Eagle

The band covered Cream's Cross Roads

Standing by the bar, I remembered the first time I'd listened to Wheels of Fire

I thought of what my dad had said, sitting in his chair - 

You reach back - and you find things - it's strange

12.51
Wareham

18 June 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment