Wednesday 11 June 2014

Afternoon tea at the Langstone Hotel ...



We took my mum and dad out for afternoon tea yesterday - 

It was my mum's first outing since her stay in hospital - 

Soft music came from the radio of the Aqua car - the taxi driver helped with the seat belts - 

Langstone Harbour was a mazey tangle of sandbanks and shallow channels - 

Yachts were grounded upon beds of shells - 

Inside the whispering hotel, we drank tea from bone china cups - 

We helped ourselves to delicate cakes - 

At another table, a man wore an extravagant blazer and pristine boat shoes - 

My mum looked around her, smiling her gentle smile - 

My dad reminded me of the time he'd taken me to Haslar Hospital, sitting upon the handlebars of his bike - 

2.04
June 11 2014

Havant







No comments:

Post a Comment