Thursday 19 June 2014

Lolling on Studland Beach ...


After quiche and olives in the Dorset Deli, we met up with Penny - 

I'd been to the gym earlier that morning - as I ran on the running machine, I felt calm, only aware of the movements of my body, no longer thinking sad thoughts  - 

I remembered that one of my favourite authors, Haruki Murakami, loved running - 

Perhaps I should go running, I thought, up to Highwood, into the forestry plantation, to be lost in silences - 

We drove to Studland, walking along the beach, stretching out upon the pale sand not far from the Naturist Beach - 

I could see brown figures, swimming in the sea - 

Anne and I had once stripped off amongst the dunes - I'd felt, for a while, as though I were an artless creature - 

I'd basked in the sun, listening to the sound of my heart - 

1.17
June 19 2014

East Stoke

No comments:

Post a Comment