Sunday 7 June 2015

Walking to Fratton Station with Richard ...




I woke up at six, under the orange lampshade shaped like a hot air balloon - 

I lay still for a few moments, stretched out upon the forgiving bed - 

My clothes were scattered upon the floor - seagulls flew over the roofs of the terraced houses - the Albanians across the street were still dreaming their wild dreams - 

Downstairs, Richard was already dressed - strange numbers glowed on the PC screen - 

We walked to the station under a pristine sky - there were red roses amongst the pale stones of the Jewish Cemetery - 

The Golden Eagle was a silent temple - 

Richard said those double Teachers were perhaps a mistake

I remembered the brimming tumblers - Lou had been very generous with her measures - 

We stood upon the platform, waiting for the train - 

I remembered how it was, to go to work

Richard greeted a former colleague - 

I recognised her careful, professional, smile - 

Then I thought of hollow lanes, bright fields, hangers full of bird song - 

Our adventure had begun ...


08.00
Wednesday June 4 2015

Fratton Railway Station
Portsmouth 
Hampshire 








No comments:

Post a Comment