Monday 1 June 2015

Eating raspberries and ice cream ...



Anne helped my mum with the casserole today - 

My mum calls it soup

Just before we sat down to eat, my Aunty Anna called - her daughter, Joanna, was with her - 

My mum asked after her brother Bern - 

Bern lived in a ponderosa on Portsdown Hill - he'd been a scaffolding king - 

Joanna said she'd been staying with her mum for respite - 

My husband's on oxygen, twenty four hours, permanent Joanna said - 

My mum found a photograph of herself with three of her sisters, Dot, Maureen and Anna - 

Yes, you look very much like my sister Anna my mum said - 

Dot's husband, Polly, had been buried in his British Legion blazer - 

My dad said it's quarter to twelve, I'll have my can

He drank the Tanglefoot like a weathered mariner his daily grog - 

When Anna and Joanna had gone, we ate the casserole, followed by a desert of raspberries and ice cream - 

My dad eyed the raspberries with icy suspicion - 

C'est la vie he said - 


12.30
Monday 1 June 2015

Staunton Road
Havant 



No comments:

Post a Comment