Tuesday 2 June 2015

Tales of Strange Doings ...




After cappuccinos and Americanos in Casa de Castro, Richard and I walked down Albert Road to Adelphi Books - 

We'd talked about the Hangers Way - tomorrow, we will walk from Alton to Hawkley - I looked forward to entering a world of hollow lanes - 

On the way to Adelphi Books, I saw a duck mask in the window of a fancy dress shop - 

The bookshop was empty save for the two of us - the proprietor looked out from his nest of Arrow paperbacks - 

I thumbed through Uncharted Seas and Shafts of Fear

Light streamed in through the doorway over a scree of books - 

I bought a biography of Augusta Leign - 

Later, we might drink dark ale in The Hole in the Wall


17.58
Tuesday 2 June 2015

Wheatstone Road
Southsea
Hampshire 


No comments:

Post a Comment