Sunday 21 June 2015

Summer Solstice at South Beach ...





I listened to some dark Mozart whilst driving to South Beach - 

It was four in the morning - from every house I passed, the dreams of sleepers were like pale smoke, or yellow feathers, drifting upwards from innocent pillows - 

The stone circle amongst the pines was the haunt of shadows - 

Shining hares danced in the broad fields -

The silky dreamlike sea was a purplish red, as were the clouds and sky -  

I was in an ancient world, watching the yellow sun climb out of the night - 

Amazons and slim boys swam in the golden sea amongst the yachts - 

As I sipped my Americano, the bright hour paled - 

I returned to the world where magic slept - 


05.30
Sunday June 21 2015

South Beach
Studland 
Dorset 














No comments:

Post a Comment