Saturday 6 June 2015

Dining at Pie and Vinyl ...






After dark ale and old stories in The Hole in the Wall, we dined at Pie and Vinyl - 

Richard led me through mazey evening streets towards the sea - 

My dad, I thought, had known these pavements - 

I thought of him, hearing Chamberlain's voice on the clumsy radio - 

In each terraced house, the dead shared the air with the living - 

I saw a speckled mirror in the window of an antiques shop - a globe was marked with strange continents - 

Richard said there's the gallery where Gareth sold his painted tiles

In Pie and Vinyl we ate Matador pies

The eatery was furnished with curious objects - an owl perched on a dansette - a sad toy sat upon the top of an upright piano - 

I gazed upon the treasury of vinyl - 

I imagined dancing to the music of one of the wild bands - 

Richard remembered the first time he watched Forbidden Planet with his dad and his uncle - 

Outside, twilight fell - 


20.30
Wednesday June 3 2015

Pie and Vinyl
Southsea  









No comments:

Post a Comment