Monday 29 June 2015

The shining rails ...







Deo volente, shining rails will carry me northwards tomorrow - 

I'm sitting in the garden, listening to Songhoy Blues - 

I'm wearing a worn straw trilby and a blue open necked shirt - 

Tessa's reading Laurie Penny's Unspeakable Things

The lawn is dotted with white clover - 

The boys are playing their guitars in the dusty courtyards of Gao - 

A seagull is flying high above the pines - 

A warm wind stirs the dog roses and corn flowers - 

I look at a portrait of Sir Walter Raleigh painted after the raid on Cadiz - 

Anne's at a lunch remembering Bob - 

I wonder if we'll see the tide cover the Pilgrim's Path at Lindisfarne -  

My newspaper is full of sun lounger horrors -


13.38
Monday 29 June 2015

The garden
The Old School House
East Stoke 
Dorset 





No comments:

Post a Comment