Saturday 13 September 2014

In the Bodrum ...



I'm in the Bodrum, just about to gulp a big bumper of Red Villa Doluca - an olive skinned siren's asked me want I want to snarf - 

I've ordered Number 48, Sea Bass, Levrek

Outside in Albert Road, a thin creature asked us for some change - 

Youth gathered outside The Wedgwood Rooms - 

We didn't see Gareth in The Hole In The Wall - we drank Poacher's Moon 

A galaxy of beer mats spun round the ceiling - 

Richard's told me stories about the gallops at Newmarket - in one pub, he thought he was in the company of dwarves - they were the stable jockeys, sinewy and springy - 

Richard said that there many questions today to be asked about the performance of Kingston Hill in the St Leger - 

We tell each other heartfelt stories - we eat olives, awaiting our main course - 


8.40
13 August 2014

The Bodrum 
Southsea







No comments:

Post a Comment