Tuesday 9 September 2014

Anne burns fallen leaves and brambles ...




I put down Colourless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage - Anne was burning fallen leaves and severed coils of brambles - 

It was early Sunday evening - later a mist would cover the water meadows - a full moon would hang in the sky - 

Once, I had walked barefoot through the meadows, wreathed in milky vapour - I'd sat on a stone bench, gazing downwards at the dark silky river - it was after midnight - I could feel my heart beating - 

Now I watched Anne light the incinerator - plumes of smoke rose up above our gentle roof - I could hear flames crackling - I was washed in smoke - 

I sat watching Anne feed in more leaves, sheaves of nettles and handfuls of pine needles - 

Anne's eyes gleamed as it grew dark - the full moon rose in the sky - the mist gathered over the river - 


September 7 2014

The Old School House


No comments:

Post a Comment