Thursday 21 April 2016

In Cafe Oscar ...



The youthful guide had tried hard to work the shivering crowd - 

We'd heard his cheery anecdotes about Queen Margrethe - 

Standing under the balcony  of the Radhus, he'd grinned and told us how she smoked twenty a day - 

When she walks through the park, she waves to people with one hand, and with her other hand, she hides her cigarette behind her back

But the rain and cold had leached into our bones - 

One statue of a king on horseback was followed by another - 

This is more like the free standing around tour Paul said - 

So we slipped away, finding warmth in Cafe Oscar - 

My spirits lifted as I sipped my Gaelic coffee - 

I unwrapped my scarf - 

I said tak when given my glass - 


16.42
Friday 15 April 2016

Cafe Oscar
Bredgade
Copenhagen




No comments:

Post a Comment