Wednesday 6 April 2016

He said these words every afternoon at half past four ...



Yesterday, Max trimmed the Leyandii hedge at the bottom of the garden - 

Lollng in my chair like a cosseted darling, I watched him working - 

Soon there was a pile of dark greenery heaped up on the drive - 

Anne and I were still getting over our colds

I finished reading Chuck Palahniuk's Non Fiction

I thought about America, with its savagery and melancholy, its strange futures - 

Max gathered up his brutal tools - 

It was late afternoon - 

Later, we rang my parents - my mum still remembered the party - 

I'm making my sandwiches my dad said - getting them out of the way

He said these words every afternoon at half past four - 


Tuesday April 6 2016

The Old School House
East Stoke
Dorset 





No comments:

Post a Comment