Thursday 28 April 2016

I could hear, very faintly, the shifting of the scenery for the story of my life ...



"The sense that reality itself was a stage set that could be dismantled at any moment"


Early this morning, I put down my book - 

I looked up from the truthful words to gaze at the branches of the apple tree - 

The buds on the lichened twigs were opening - 

Tiny leaves caught the light, tender promises of summer - 

The sky was blue and ageless - 

Yet I felt the movement of the seasons, the awkward dance of my own life - 

I was reading J G Ballard's Miracles of Life

I could hear, very faintly, the shifting of the scenery within which I breathed and dreamed - 


09.16
Thursday 28 April 2016

The garden
The Old School House
East Stoke 
Dorset 



No comments:

Post a Comment