Thursday 5 February 2015

The Three Chairs ...




As soon as I could, I sat nearer to the log burning stove - I quickly became warm, unwrapping my keffiyeh - a hundred yards away, icy waves washed over bleached razor shells -

I'd driven here in the red wounded beast, listening to Coleman Hawkins - I still heard in my head the anguished tenor saxophone in Think Deep

I sipped my cappuccino, thinking of the three chairs I'd seen on the beach - 

In the summer, tanned dudes sat there, hiring out body boards and surf canoes - 

Now freezing winds stirred the sand - only shadows moved inside the beach huts - 

I remembered the summer sunbathers, the girls swimming in the golden shallows - 

It was time to think of the sun, to treasure memories of the warm forgiving sea - 


12.00
5 February 2015

National Trust Cafe
Knoll Beach
Studland




No comments:

Post a Comment