Friday 13 February 2015

The gorilla and the mermaid ...



After Semi Colons, I decided to have lunch in Earthlights - I'd enjoyed talking to Paul about ocean going junks and evening drinks amongst the sarcophagi - Angela told us she'd been signed off by Poole Hospital for her liver cancer - she showed us her scars - we all had been pierced by shining instruments - each of us had given a bounty of dark blood -  

In Institute Road, I gave my respects to the Gorilla - today he was wearing a toga - he stared straight ahead, his eyes wide and calm - he was crowned with laurel leaves -  

I thought of whispering in his ear remember thou art mortal

But the gorilla was as still and silent as ever, frozen by his cruel spell - 

I longed to hear him roar, to beat his chest, to see him lope through the seaside town - he'd place his laurel wreath upon the head of a mermaid - together, they'd vanish into the shining sea - 


12.30
11 February 2015

Institute Road
Swanage






No comments:

Post a Comment