Saturday 19 March 2016

There were I phones in our hands, Instagrams before our eyes ...




The Waterloo train was drawing near to the iconic terminus - 

I gazed out of the carriage window at the anarchic world city - 

How different it was from my quiet lichened world -

Glass towers reflected the late morning sunlight - 

Bizarre graffiti decorated Victorian brickwork - 

My fellow rail travellers gathered up their possessions - 

Wheeled suitcases were positioned in readiness for the journey's end - 

I caught a glimpse of the London Eye - 

There was the MI5 Building, a reef of spooks * 

I saw brave leafless trees - 

I stood upon the platform -

It was bright day, so we could not see the khaki clad ghosts we rushed past - there were I phones in our hands, Instagrams before our eyes - 

* aka Ceausescu Towers, Babylon on Thames 

12.00
Thursday 17 March 2016

Waterloo Station
London
 



No comments:

Post a Comment