Saturday 26 March 2016

The wind shook the chimneys ...





I sat on a bench looking at the wild empty sea - 

I could hear the roaring of the waves -

could taste their salt on my tongue - 

The wind shook the tall chimneys of the coastguard cottages -  
 
Low clouds touched the chalk hills - sea frets veiled the cliffs -  

Fossils held ancient memory - 

Bleached whale bones fenced a garden - 

Lichens patterned the stone walls of boathouses with strange colours - 

Sea birds were brave shapes in the turbulent air - 

I got up from my seat to meet with Richard - 

He had money on Postphoned in the Dubai Sheema Classic - 


12.09
Saturday 26 March 2016

Kimmeridge Bay
Dorset 

Note

The bench commemorates the life of Martin Hexham, who was born in 1964 and died in 1988



No comments:

Post a Comment