Wednesday 9 March 2016

Dreams hidden in their hair ...



I've been snuffling and dozing all day, lolling in my chair, my watch on my wrist counting the drowsy hours - 

I've got a cold I tell Anne - 

Are you at death's door? she asks - 

Thanks for the tea I croak pitiably -

Later this afternoon, I'll lie in a deep scalding bath, like Novikov in Life and Fate - 

I'll make myself some honey and lemon - I'll cosset myself before a kindly fire - 

I'll throw pine cones upon the burning logs - 

I've just finished reading American Gods

There are still strange names upon my tongue - 

In the wild wood, I'll see the gods I've made - 

They'll wait for me amongst the birch trees, their shining bodies wrapped round with ivy, dreams hidden in their hair - 


14.00
Wednesday 9 March 2016

The Old School House 
East Stoke
Dorset 




No comments:

Post a Comment