Sunday 9 November 2014

Watching Rosemary and Thyme and Doc Martin with my mum and dad ...



My dad shifted his arm chair so that he was a little closer to the bright TV world - 

Rosemary and Thyme were on - it's a gentle programme Anne told my mum - 

I sat with my mum on the big settee, soothed by elegant sleuthing in beautiful gardens, polished skulduggery in Jacobean country houses - 

As the absurd plot jerkily unwound, my parents fell asleep -

The dainty weirdly ageless Felicity Kendall twinkled - was she like Dorian Gray, I wondered - was there a terrible image in a mirror somewhere?

There was no such problem with Martin Clunes in Doc Martin

My mum and dad soon came to - they chuckled at the antics of the quirky Doc - 

I was disappointed that Foyles War wasn't on next - 

20.45
November 8 2014

Staunton Road
Havant



No comments:

Post a Comment