Sunday 23 November 2014

Watching Aladdin ...


By half past seven, Corfe Castle Village Hall was full - Double Act was performing Aladdin - Peter was a splendid Genie of the Lamp, with his red beard and glittering headdress - 

There was mulled wine in the interval - Widow Twanky wore the highest heels I've ever seen - with her blue beehive, she towered above the Emperor - 

Aladdin and the princess sang sweet duets - Abanazar sneered and schemed - he had long wicked fingernails and rolled his eyes - 

He frightened the children this afternoon Penny said - 

Wishy Washy scampered like a nervy hare all over the stage - the executioner brandished his scimitar - the Genie of the Ring swayed her hips like a diva -  

We all clapped and cheered and booed on cue - emboldened dads drummed their feet upon the staging - 

By ten o'clock, Aladdin had won his bride, as I knew he must - 

Tonight, I thought, I'll dream I'm in Old Pekin - genies will bring me treasure - a princess in a silk cheongsam will take my hand - 


21.00
November 22 2014

Corfe Castle Village Hall
Corfe Castle 
Isle of Purbeck




No comments:

Post a Comment