Saturday 22 November 2014

The Thai Vista ...



I got up early, to walk down Roman Road to Bethnal Green tube - I'd meet up with Anne, Sophie and Paul later - 

I imagined them having breakfast, Paul reading reviews, Anne and Sophie lolling in their pyjamas upon the vast blue sofa - 

We'd stayed the night in the flat overlooking the Regent's Canal - I'd been tempted to drink green tea - I'd slept well, dreaming of living a roguish life in a narrow boat - in my dream, I'd lazed in a smoky cabin lined with books and rare bottles - 

A questing minicab went by - I caught a glimpse of the slender Somali at the wheel - I gazed at the wild graffiti spray painted upon the metal shutters of Roman Grocers - a young father held his wide eyed son's hand - 

I imagined eating a green curry in the Thai Vista, reeling in there after midnight - 

I'd hear the carolling of police sirens - above the clouds, jets would circle the sleepless capital - a slim woman  would serve me my khao soi

09.15
November 16 2014

Roman Road
Bethnal Green





No comments:

Post a Comment