Friday 22 August 2014

Will plays me a song by Nick Drake ...





Will came round to see us this afternoon - Benni and Bruna were with him - Will used to be our postman - he's an Ulsterman, very softly spoken, an ardent collector of rare vinyl -

Will drank a Tanglefoot in the garden - earlier I had collected wind falls from the apple tree - we sat under its lichened branches - 

This year, the apples were small and bitter - when we made our Autumn bonfire, we would throw them into the pungent blaze - 

Will played me one of Nick Drake's songs on his I phone - the sweet sadness of the song stayed with me for a long time - 

Will's new round takes him out to Kimmeridge - he delivers letters to Edward Fox - 

We went to the river - Benni and Bruna walked out into the clear rushing water -  

I thought again about Nick Drake - I imagined him, heart sick, fated, playing his guitar - 


16.00
July 22 2014

Under the apple tree
The Old School House


No comments:

Post a Comment