Thursday 28 August 2014

Getting a haircut at Ian's ...



I'm sitting upon a red chair in Ian's - Ian is trimming a young bravo's rug - Ian's head is very closely shaved - 

I pick up a copy of Rugby World - across the road there's a large McDonalds - 

They do body piercing and tattooing here as well as haircuts - 

I fantasize getting a tattoo done, perhaps one depicting David Lynch - 

It's my turn now - a younger barber cuts my hair - 

He's had his chair here for seventeen years -  

I'm in here, in the warm - my mates are out there in the cold, working on the roads

I can see my face in the mirror - the wicked scissors shine - 

A dark haired girl walks past us - I wonder if she's going to get a tattoo - Richard's daughter, Kate, had one done of a whale shark - 

Kate's now back in India, drenched in wonder - 

I'm being asked if I want my eyebrows trimmed - 

So shame making, I think - 


10.30
27 August 2014

Ian's Barbershop
Havant






 

No comments:

Post a Comment