Friday 8 August 2014

Alyson's ghost story ...


Over porridge in Saughy Rigg, I listened to Alyson's story - we'd been talking about our experiences of the unknown - 

I'd started it all by saying how I'd once been terrified in a cottage in Allerford - I'd woken up in the early morning, icy cold, evil thoughts filling my head - the thick cob walls of the cottage seemed to run with moisture -

Alyson said a friend of hers had married a poor aristo

They were living in a shabby castle in Scotland - she was sitting downstairs with her young daughter - they heard the door bang - she didn't look up -  

Her daughter said - it's daddy, walking funny, dragging his leg

She went upstairs for a moment, then came down and said mummy there's something horrible in my room - she never said what it was

I was glad that the morning was one of bright sunshine - the ornamental lake in front of the farmhouse reflected the sky - 

9.00
July 10 2014

Saughy Rigg





No comments:

Post a Comment